Salem Lutheran School has been providing quality education to students in the Affton community for over 100 years. Our school is committed to providing a world-class education that prepares students academically, spiritually, and physically for high school and beyond. In addition to our academic coursework, we also offer extracurricular activities such as sports, music, student council, and service opportunities which help our students develop into well-rounded individuals.
Our school is located in a beautiful setting, and our campus includes two playgrounds – one for the Early Childhood Center and one for K-8 across the parking lot from Salem Lutheran Church. Salem Lutheran is an excellent choice for families looking for quality education where students can learn, grow, and thrive in a Christ-centered environment.
At Salem Lutheran School, our faculty and staff are committed to forming relationships with families and serving children’s individual needs. We strive to create an atmosphere of excellence so that children can develop their God-given abilities to their fullest potential. The school climate encourages students to develop a servant leader’s heart.
Quick Facts About Us
"With the size of Salem, I know everyone and can make stronger connections. I feel like they are more like my family than my classmates. I have more 1:1 time with teachers. Younger students have someone to look up to and to look forward to. I want to set a good example for younger kids to follow. I like being in the same building as my brother. You don't get that at all other schools."- Kayla, 8th Grade
Our Core Values
- To make Jesus’ love and examples our guide in our decision-making processes. (Phil. 1:9-10)
- Never think that children are an interruption to our work. They are the reason we are here! (Matt. 19:14)
- To always be thankful for each family we have the opportunity to witness and minister to. (John 11:41)
- To work diligently to maintain and cultivate our relationship with Salem Lutheran Church. (Romans 15:5)
- Remember that teachers are role models and God’s tools to be used for His purpose. (Romans 12:7)