Third Grade News & Events
Life As a 3rd Grader
Life as a Third Grader-
- Literacy- a workshop approach to reading and writing. We teach and apply strategies using books at our independent levels. Students keep a reading journal with records of their reading progress. Students use and apply the writing process to self selected works. Writing deadlines throughout the year help students meet writing goals across genres.
- Science- Life and Physical Science topics are introduced and explored using a variety of resources- text book, internet, and hands-on experiments
- Social Studies- communities, our country’s history, researching using primary sources, cultures around the world, spending and saving our money
- Math- fractions, decimals, multiplication, and division
- Everything we do is based on God’s word and modeling Jesus in all say and do. Integrating our faith into daily activities.