Seventh Grade News & Events
Welcome to seventh grade! We are looking forward to a great year!
Life As a 7th Grader
- Students begin the Confirmation process at Salem. Each student receives a prayer partner: a member of the church or school who prays for the students and sends them notes of encouragement.
- Students who are also members of the church learn how to acolyte, and acolyte for the church services.
- The highlight of seventh grade is the Confirmation retreat at Camp Wartburg. The seventh graders join with the eighth graders for a weekend of spiritual growth, relationship building, and fun on this retreat.
- Seventh graders focus on higher level thinking skills as they are faced with more challenging material.
- They receive hands-on instruction in all of the core areas, as well as experiencing other skills in a variety of elective courses.
- Many seventh graders choose to participate in sports and music activities, which encourages them to strive for excellence in their academics.
Meet Ms. Mathews