Second Grade News and Events
2nd Grade Newsletter
Life As a 2nd Grader
- Students learn how to add and subtract 2 and 3 digit numbers with trading/renaming.
- Begin learning a little about multiplication.
- Reading and Language Arts includes the Accelerated Reader, Book-It, and Six Flags Reading programs, which we also incorporate book report projects.
- Focus on learning more about sentence structure, grammar, and writing 5-8 sentence paragraphs.
- Field trip experiences have included trips to Purina Farms, the St. Louis Zoo, Magic House, and the City Museum/World Aquarium.
- Fun projects include: making landform maps, making each student a special VIP book, and participating in the Flat Stanley program; by sending off our “Flat Selves” in the mail to see what kind of adventures we can find.
Meet Mrs. Dunnette