Salem Lutheran School has been serving the Affton, MO and South St. Louis City communities for over 100 years! During the 2009 – 2010 school year, we celebrated the 100th school year for Salem Lutheran School. God has blessed us with many great teachers and alumni. Former students of Salem Lutheran School have gone on to be doctors, teachers and Pastors. Many former students have even returned to be on staff at Salem, with three alumni currently serving. The NAEP report, often called the “Nation’s Report Card” ranked the Lutheran School system the #1 school system in the country. Please read more to learn about our school family and what we have to offer.
Salem Lutheran School has continually worked to improve our capabilities. Right now our campus boasts a state of the art computer lab, a youth room, air conditioning throughout the building, and upgraded security through the building.
- 216 students – small class sizes ensure a focused learning environment
- Affiliated with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- Accreditated by Missouri Non-public Schools Association and the National Lutheran Schools Association
- Serving children ages 2 through 8th grade
- Learning Center to work with those students that need additional support
- Weekly chapel service
- Separate Pre-school and K-8 playgrounds
- Art, music, and physical education all taught by teachers who specialize in those areas
- Before and after school care (Wildcat Club) to help meet the needs of busy working families. Afternoon session includes Homework Help guided by a teacher
- Summer camp program “Camp Fun in the Sonshine” provides enriching fun for PK-3 thru 3rd grade children
FAST PHONE NUMBERS:
School: (314)353-9242 School Fax: (314)353-9328
Wildcat Club Grades 1-8: (314)675-7059
Wildcat Club Grades Preschool Plus-P2-Kg.: (314)675-7057
Professional teachers who constantly strive to meet the needs of all learners.
A welcoming family atmosphere that students feel safe and are able to learn.
High academic achievement resulting from best practices instruction and meaningful curriculum.
Students’ spiritual life will develop in many areas, including: personal faith, understanding of law and gospel, an attitude of service, and worship.
Students will become lifelong learners who develop skills in math and science, communication, critical thinking, social studies and the arts.
Students’ will develop emotionally and socially in the areas of citizenship, social awareness, sensitivity and development of a realistic self-image.
OUR CORE VALUES
Jesus’ love and examples will guide all decision making processes. (Phil. 1:9-10)
Salem Lutheran School is a ministry of Salem Lutheran Church, so we will always work to cultivate that relationship. (Romans 15:5)
Children will never be an interruption to our work. They are the reason we are here! (Matt. 19:14)
Teachers are role models and God’s tools to be used for His purpose. (Romans 12:7)
We are thankful for each family we have the opportunity to witness and minister to. (John 11:41)
Jesus’ examples show us we have lots to learn from children. (Matthew 11:25)